Saturday 12 October 2013

How to solve the complex equation $ω^2=-11/4+15i$

The question is stated as following:



"First, solve the equation:



$ω^2=-11/4+15i$



and after, with the help of that, solve:




$z^2-(3-2i)z+(4-18i)=0$"



The problem for me lies in solving the system of equations for ω;



$Re:a^2-b^2=-11/4$ and $Im:2ab=15$



Where I eventually end up with the fourth degree equation: $4b^4+11b^2+15^2=0$ which I don't know how to solve, is this solveable or am I on the wrong track? I would very much appreciate some help, thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...