Sunday 25 September 2016

calculus - Limit $lim_{x to infty}x^e/e^x$



I had this problem on my math test, and was stuck on it for quite some time.



$\lim_{x \to \infty}x^e/e^x$



I knew that the bottom grew faster than the top, but I didn't know how to prove it. I wrote that the limit approaches 0, but I am not sure how to prove it mathematically.


Answer




Show first that it is in indeterminate form.



Then perform L'Hopital's rule, differentiating the top and bottom.



$$\lim_{x \to \infty} \frac{x^e}{e^x}= \lim_{x \to \infty} \frac{ex^{e-1}}{e^x}=e(e-1)(e-2)\lim_{x \to \infty} \frac{1}{x^{3-e}e^x}=0$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...