Friday 23 September 2016

calculus - proving $limlimits_{xto infty }frac{x^2}{x^2+sin^2 x}=1$



I have to prove the following equation for homework
$$\lim_{x\to \infty }\frac{x^2}{x^2+\sin^2 x}=1$$



The proof must be done by proving that for every $e > 0$ exists a $M > 0$ so that for every $x > M$, $|f(x)-1| < e$ is true.



I can't seem to figure this one out.




I would greatly appropriate anyone who tries to help me out :) Thanks


Answer



$$\left| \frac{{{x}^{2}}}{{{x}^{2}}+{{\sin }^{2}}x}-1 \right| = \frac{{{\sin(x)}^{2}}}{{{x}^{2}}+{{\sin }^{2}}x} \leq \frac{1}{x^2}$$



Now making $\frac{1}{x^2} \leq \epsilon$ gives you the $M$....


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...