Tuesday 27 September 2016

Pi irrationality repetition limits

I am not a mathematician at all and I had a thought about Pi that I can't work out.



Pi is irrational, with an infinite sequence of numbers
A recurring number is infinite




Would it be theoretically possible that at one point down Pi's sequence, it just turned into an infinite sequence of one number?



If not, what is stopping this? I recognise through reductio ad absurdum that my proposition is impossible, as it means that PI must at some point end in all of 1-recurring and 2-rcurring...9-recurring simultaneously, but I lack the toolset to understand where my thinking breaks down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...