Tuesday 7 May 2019

algebra precalculus - How can I calculate a non-integer power of a number?

Integer powers are easy to calculate by repeated application of multiplication. However if a power is not an integer then I always need to use my calculator. How can I calculate a non-integer power without a calculator?



For example, how does one compute 10 raised to 0.90 without a calculator?



The closest I've come to solving the problem is doing fractional power approximations for upper and lower bounds. For example 10 raised to the .31 is greater than 10 raised to the 1/2 but less than 10 raised to the one third



10 raised to the 1/2 is 1/100. 10 raised to the 1/3 is 1/1000. But there is no where near to a good answer................. I think

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...