Friday 10 May 2019

limits - $limlimits_{n rightarrow +infty} frac{sumlimits_{k=1}^{n} sqrt[k] {k} }{n}= 1$



I would like to prove that:




$$\lim\limits_{n \rightarrow +\infty} \frac{\sum\limits_{k=1}^{n} \sqrt[k] {k} }{n}= 1$$



I thought to write $\sqrt[k] {k} = e^{\frac{\ln({k})}{k}}$ but I don't know how to continue.


Answer



Use Stolz–Cesàro theorem or a version of it here.



$$\lim\limits_{n \rightarrow +\infty} \frac{\sum\limits_{k=1}^{n+1} \sqrt[k] {k} -\sum\limits_{k=1}^{n} \sqrt[k] {k} }{n+1 - n}=
\lim\limits_{n \rightarrow +\infty}\sqrt[n+1] {n+1} =1$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...