Thursday 9 May 2019

calculus - Finding $lim_{n to infty} frac{1}{2^{n-1}}cot(frac{x}{2^n})$





Find: $$\lim_{n \to \infty} \frac{1}{2^{n-1}}\cot\left(\frac{x}{2^n}\right)$$




Can L' Hopital's rule be used to solve this? And differentiate it with respect to $x$ or $n$?



What I've found is that



\begin{equation}
\lim_{n \to \infty} \frac{1}{2^{n-1}}\cot\left(\frac{x}{2^n}\right) = \lim_{n \to \infty} \frac{\frac{1}{2^{n-1}}\cos\left(\frac{x}{2^n}\right)}{\sin\left(\frac{x}{2^n}\right)}
\end{equation}




which is of the form $\frac{0}{0}$, but I don't know how to go further from here. Any help is appreciated.


Answer



Hint:
$$
\lim_{x\to 0}\frac{\sin x}{x}=1
$$
and
$$
\lim_{x\to 0}\cos x =1.

$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...