Let $X$ be a random variable with $\mathbb{E} X^2 = 1$. Let $X_i$ be i.i.d. copies of $X$ such that
$$
\frac{1}{\sqrt{\sum X_i^2}} \left(X_1, ..., X_N\right)
$$
is uniformly distributed on $\mathbb{S}^{N-1}$. Prove that $X = \mathcal{N}(0,1)$ in distribution.
Saturday, 11 May 2019
probability - Normalized vector of i.i.d. copies of $X$ uniformly distributed on the sphere means $X$ is normally distributed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment