Saturday 22 December 2012

number theory - Find all positive integers $n$ s.t. $3^n + 5^n$ is divisible by $n^2 - 1$


As is the question in the title, I am wishing to find all positive integers $n$ such that $3^n + 5^n$ is divisible by $n^2 - 1$.




I have so far shown both expressions are divisible by $8$ for odd $n\ge 3$ so trivially a solution is $n=3$. I'm not quite sure how to proceed now though. I have conjectured that the only solution is $n=3$ and have tried to prove it but have had little luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...