Saturday 29 December 2012

real analysis - Finding the limit of a sequence involving n-th roots.



We're asked to find the limit (as $n$ goes to infinity) of the following sequence: $$a_n = \frac {\sqrt[3n]{4}\ -6 \ \sqrt[3n]{2} \ + \ 9}{\sqrt[2n]{9} \ - \ 4 \ \sqrt[2n]{3}+ 4} $$.



I thought that since the limit of the numerator exists, and since the limit of the denominator also exists and is non-zero, then the limit of the fraction should be $\frac{9}{4}$.



But apperently, the limit of this sequence is $4$ as $n \rightarrow +\infty$.




I don't understand why my approach is incorrect, nor why the limit of the sequence is $4$.


Answer



It's just $$\frac{1-6+9}{1-4+4}=4$$ because for example $4^{\frac{1}{3n}}\rightarrow4^0=1$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...