Wednesday 27 March 2013

limits - Summation of an infinite Exponential series

Q. Find the value of - $$ \lim_{n\to\infty} \sum_{r=0}^{n} \frac{2^r}{5^{2^r} +1} $$



My attempt - I seem to be clueless to this problem. Though I think that later terms would be much small and negligible( Imagine how large would be $ 5^{2^r} $ after 3-4 terms), so I calculated the sum of first 3-4 terms and my answer was just around the actual answer ( just a difference of $0.002$ ). But I wonder if there is an actual method to solve this problem? If it is, would you please share it to me?



Any help would be appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...