I need to prove the formula for the sine of the sum $$\sin(\alpha+\beta) = \sin(\alpha)\cos(\beta) + \sin(\beta)\cos(\alpha)$$
I already know how to prove it when $\alpha,\beta\geq 0$ and $\alpha+\beta <\pi/2$. How can I extend it to any pair of angles? The definition of sine and cosine that I am using is the length of the $y$-axis and the $x$-axis respectively when you intersect the circle of radius 1, but I can't use analytic geometry. Also I can't use complex numbers multiplication. Only relations like $\sin(\alpha +\pi/2) = \cos(\alpha)$.
Saturday, 23 March 2013
trigonometry - Sine of the sum of angles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
No comments:
Post a Comment