I want to prove that $\sum_{k=1}^{\infty}(\frac{1}{k}-\frac{1}{2^k})$ diverges? I want to do this with the comparison test, but I don't find a divergent series.
An other point I want to ask, if you can do this: $\sum_{k=1}^{\infty}(\frac{1}{k}-\frac{1}{2^k})=\sum_{k=1}^{\infty}\frac{1}{k}-\sum_{k=1}^{\infty}\frac{1}{2^k}$? One of this series of the right hand side is convergent, therefore you don't have the undefined case $\infty -\infty$.
Friday, 8 March 2013
real analysis - series is divergent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
No comments:
Post a Comment