My question is: Suppose $X_1,...X_n$ are independent random variables from a continuous function with common $CDF$ $ F_Y(y)$ and common $PDF $ $f_X(x)$. Let $ Y= max \lbrace X_1,...X_2 \rbrace $. Now I showed in part a) that $ F_Y(y) = (F_X(y))^n$, but I am stuck on part b). Part b) asks me to derive the PDF, $f_Y(y) $. Any suggestions????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
No comments:
Post a Comment