Sunday 10 March 2013

real analysis - If $f$ is absolutely continuous and $g$ is continuous, prove $f' =g$.



The full problem reads:



Prove that if $f$ is absolutely continuous on $[0,1]$ and $g$ is continuous on $[0,1]$ such that $f'=g$ a.e., then $f$ is differentiable on $[0,1]$ and $f'=g$.




My analysis skills are very rusty and I'm having a hard time seeing how to prove this. Thanks in advance for any advice!


Answer



By Lebesgue's fundamental theorem of calculus,
$$f(x)=f(0)+\int_0^xf'. $$
By hypothesis,
$$f(x)=f(0)+\int_0^x g.$$
By the standard fundamental theorem of calculus, $f'(x)=g(x)$ for all $x$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...