Sunday 12 January 2014

calculus - Understanding and writing limit proofs

I got this question :




Consider $a_n,\:b_{n\:}$ sequences such that for every n , $0\le a_n\le \:b_{n\:}$.



Let $\lim _{n\to \infty }\left(\frac{b_n}{a_n}\right)\:=\:1$, and $a_n$ is a bounded sequence.




Prove that $\left(a_n-b_n\right)_{n=1}^{\infty \:}\:\rightarrow \:0$.




I tried little bit by myself to understand what is given:



By definition of limit, we see that : $\forall\epsilon, \exists n_{0} \forall n> n_{0}\Rightarrow |\frac{b_{n}}{a_{n}}- 1|< \varepsilon $, and also that exist some $M$ that for every $n$, $-M

Now i'm looking for that right?: i need to prove that $ \forall\epsilon, \exists n_{0} \forall n> n_{0}\Rightarrow |a_{n}-b_{n}- 0|< \varepsilon $




Here is where i struggle: i choose some $\epsilon$. What i need to find? an $N2$ that for every $n>N2, |(a_{n}-b_{n})- 0|< \varepsilon$ ?



How to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...