Sunday 26 January 2014

real analysis - Find generating fraction of number

enter image description here



This was given to me as a practice problem as preparation for the final exam. The only thing is I have no idea how to do the question, as we did not go over generating fractions in class. I googled what a generating fraction was, and I found some information about generating functions, but nothing too helpful.



The hint says to find the sum of the series. But I'm not sure how to find the series in the first place.




Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...