Thursday 16 January 2014

number theory - Find minimal $xinBbb N$ that solves the linear congruence



I need to find minimal $x\in\Bbb N$ that solves the linear congruences:



$6x \equiv 2 \pmod {\!4}$




$3x \equiv 6 \pmod {\!9}$



$x \equiv 15 \pmod {\! 17}$



I divided the first congruence by $2$ and the second congruence by $3$, then used the Chinese remainder theorem.



I got $x\equiv 393 \pmod {2\cdot 3\cdot 17} $



I checked that this solution actually solves the 3 equations.




But is it the smallest one? If so, then why ?



Thanks.


Answer



Your congruences may be reduced to



$x\equiv 1\pmod{2}$



$x\equiv 2 \pmod{3}$




$x\equiv 15 \pmod{17}$



We have $\mod {17}$, $x\equiv 15\equiv 32\equiv 49 \equiv 66 \equiv 83$.



And we note that $83$ satisfies the other two congruences.



The general solution is then $x\equiv 83 \pmod{102}$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...