Thursday 10 October 2019

linear algebra - Is there always a mapping from invertible $A$ to any $B in M_n(Bbb R)$?





Let $A, B$ be $n\times n$ matrices, then
$1)$ If $A$ is invertible then for every $B$ exists a matrix $X \in M_n(\Bbb R)$ such that $AX = B$.
$2)$ If for every $B$ there exists a matrix $X \in M_n(\Bbb R)$ such that $AX = B$ then $A$ is invertible.




For $1)$ I started with: $AX=B \implies X=A^{-1}B$



But I'm not sure I can do this:
$$A(A^{-1}B)=B$$
$$(AA^{-1})B=B$$ --> not sure about this
$$ IB = B $$



Am I right about the first part?




How should I prove the second part? thanks


Answer



The steps $A(A^{-1}B) = (A A^{-1})B = IB = B$ are okay because matrix multiplication is associative.



For the second part choose $B = I$. Now there exist $X$ s.t. $AX = I$, so $A$ is invertible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...