Monday 28 October 2019

real analysis - Verification of $lim_{n rightarrow infty} sqrt[n]{n^3}=1$




I am interested in the limit




$$ \lim_{n \rightarrow \infty} \sqrt[n]{n^3}$$




Can we simply conclude that:
$$ \lim_{n \rightarrow \infty} (\sqrt[n]{n})^3= 1^3=1.$$

I have proven that $\sqrt[n]{n}\rightarrow1$ earlier in this textbook. Also since the limit of a power is the power of the limit.


Answer



Yes, we can simply do that. Since the exponent $^3$ is a constant neutral number (meaning we may interpret it as a fixed number of multiplications) we can move the limit inside of it. So if you already know $\lim_{n\to\infty}\sqrt[n]n=1$ then that's a full proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...