Here is a nice problem: Let $f:R\rightarrow R$ be a function, R is the set of real numbers, satisfying the following properties: $ f(1)$ is an integer and
$xf(y)+yf(x)=(f(x+y))^2-f(x^2)-f(y^2)$, for all x, y real numbers.
$f(x)=0$ is a solution, another is $ f(x)=x $. These are all solutions?
better asking: determine all functions that satisfy the 2 conditions. I would like to see a complete solution! Thank you!
Monday, 10 March 2014
algebra precalculus - Functional equation with $f(1)$ integer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
$$ 3x+6y+5z=7 $$ The general solution to this linear Diophantine equation is as described here (Page 7-8) is: $$ x = 5k+2l+14 $$ $$ y = -l $...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
No comments:
Post a Comment