Saturday 31 May 2014

calculus - How do I approach solving this indeterminate limit? $lim_limits{hto 0}frac{1}{h}lnleft(frac{2+h}{2}right)$

Disclaimer: I am a middle aged adult learning Calculus. This is not a student posting his homework assignment. Thank humanity for this great forum!



$$\lim_\limits{h\to 0}\frac{1}{h}\ln\left(\frac{2+h}{2}\right)$$



1) Can't directly sub the h. So, normally you reduce and cancel. Can you point me in the right direction? The directions say "manipulate the expression so L'Hopital's is used" I think L'hopital's is involved. Just not sure how to deal with the $\frac{1}{h}$




$$\lim_\limits{x\to \infty}\frac{x^k}{e^x}$$



2) Also, any tips on the one above? If $k$ is a positive integer, what is the limit above?



Thanks for any guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...