Thursday 29 May 2014

calculus - $limlimits_{xtoinfty } frac{ln x}{sqrt{x},{sin{x}}}$



What a weird function.



I tried to find out: $$\lim_{x\to\infty } \frac{\ln x}{\sqrt{x}\,{\sin{x}}}$$




So, I can't use L'Hopital 'cause there's no actual limit in the denominator. It doesn't exist.



Then, I tried to use Heine's theorem and chose two sequences, but yet I got the same limit.



I believe it does not converge. How can I prove it?



Thanks


Answer



You can consider a sequence $x_n = \pi n - 2^{-n}$. On this sequence your function will become unbounded while this sequence goes to infinity. Hence the limit does not exist.



No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...