I am looking for a monotonically decreasing function to fit a cumulative distribution. The distribution is the number of values of a random variable X, that are greater than Y as a function of Y. In total, there are a few hundred values of X so the distribution does not decrease smoothly. I am thinking of fitting it with a monotonically decreasing polynomial to obtain a smoothly decreasing function of Y. I would like to choose the degree of the polynomial to get a satisfactory fit. Can someone suggest a monotonically decreasing polynomial to use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment