Let $A_n = (a_{ij})$ be an $n\times n$ matrix such that $a_{ii} = 0, a_{ij} = 2$ when $|j − i| = 1$, and $a_{ij} = 1$ otherwise. The question is to find the determinant in terms of $n$. I computed the first six terms, depending on $n$, but, unfortunately, no clear relationship was found. Here they are:
\begin{align}
\det A_1&=0,\\
\det A_2&=-4,\\
\det A_3&=8,\\
\det A_4&=-7,\\
\det A_5&=0,\\
\det A_6&=7.
\end{align}
Laplace expansion turned out to be useful only if $n$ is known. How can one derive a formula for $\det A_n$ in terms of $n$?
Monday, 23 February 2015
matrices - Determinant of a symmetric Toeplitz matrix
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment