Sunday 22 February 2015

geometry - Rectangle inscribed in semicircle, find perimeter and more

Consider this image: enter image description here




A rectangle is inscribed in a semicircle and the radius is 1. The bas of the rectangle is x. Write an expression for the rectangle perimeter and determine the value of x that gives the highest possible perimeter. Also, what is the highest perimeter?
Well... I fooled around with the unit circle, but still no progress. I've found several instructions on how to find the area, but no luck with perimeter.



I've been trying to solve this one for days now, I have completely giving upp solving it by my self. If someone could provide me with both answers & solutions, I would be happier than a child in a candy store :)



Could any kind soul help me out? :)



EDIT:




Please read new update:



http://imgur.com/a/adATx

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...