(https://i.stack.imgur.com/vfy4d.jpg)
Hi I'm trying to prove that the ${n\choose r}$ formula gives a natural number by using proof by induction and I'm stuck on the last stage (in the picture above). Have I messed up earlier on and if not then how can I show that $\frac{n+1}{n-r+1}$ is a natural number. I know there are other articles but I can't seem to find an answer to this.
Cheers
Thursday, 16 July 2015
calculus - Proof that ${nchoose r}$ always yields a natural number proof by induction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment