Sunday 19 July 2015

calculus - Understanding the connection between derivative and increasing of function at points

I'm currently studying about derivatives, and i noticed this theorem:
"Let $f$ be a function defined in a neighborhood of $x_0$. Suppose that $f\:'\left(x_0\right)>0$. So $f$ is strictly increasing at $x_0$".



First, what does it even mean "$f$ strictly increasing at $x_0$"?
Second, can someone provide me a proof of that? I thought about the Mean Value Theorem but i don't know how to start, so maybe i need to use another approach.




Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...