Tuesday 14 July 2015

factoring - Checking for term factorization for partial fractions



In the Calculus book by Ron Larson, he presents 4 steps to construct partial fractions. The second step involves completely factoring the denominator into factors such that they are irreducible.




Now in the proof for the logistic function, we are trying to use partial fractions to integrate the term in the left of this equation.



Integral to solve using partial fractions



If I pretend that the denominator of the left term is already factored I can easily solve the integral using partial fractions. However, my question is how do I check that, indeed, the denominator term is factored.


Answer



HINT: we have $$\frac{1}{y\left(1-\frac{y}{L}\right)}=\frac{1}{y}-\frac{1}{y-L}$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...