Monday 21 December 2015

calculus - Interval of θ for a Diagonal Line

I have a problem that I've been trying to solve for a couple of hours , but I'm just not understanding it.



The problem is asking to take the polar equation



$$r=\frac{4}{\cosθ + \sinθ}$$



and give an interval of θ in which the entire curve is generated.



I know that the equation ends up creating a diagonal line. But, how do you determine the interval for just a line? I think the answer is $0≤θ≤π$; but I doubt that's correct. Can anyone tell me what steps I should take to get to the correct answer?




Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...