Saturday 22 July 2017

Computing the limit of $n cdot arccos left( left(frac{n^2-1}{n^2+1}right)^{cos (1/n)} right)$

I need to solve this earth's wonder:




$$\lim_{n \rightarrow \infty} \left[n \; \arccos
\left( \left(\frac{n^2-1}{n^2+1}\right)^{\cos \frac{1}{n}} \right)\right]$$





I have tried to write down it using $e^{v \ln u}$,and then used L'Hôpital's rule, but with no luck, i'm constantly getting indeterminate form like $\infty-\infty$ inside $\ln$ which makes another application of L'Hôpital impossible.



My professor told me (with great smile on its face) that if i use Taylor expansion, it will lead me into the abyss...



any hints about possible rewriting this limit and what i should use would be VERY helpful. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...