Saturday 22 July 2017

conjectures - Does any sum of twin primes, where the sum is greater than 12, also represents the sum of 2 other distinct primes?

I was in the midst of proving a conjecture when I came across an observation that led me to forming a potentially new conjecture. The conjecture goes as follows:




Any given sum of twin primes (specifically the two primes in a twin prime pair, ie. $11$ and $13$) where the sum is greater than $12$, also represents the sum of 2 other distinct primes.




I've proven this for the first $1000$ twin primes and my computer is calculating beyond that set. Anyways, does anybody have any ideas of how I could go about proving this conjecture? I apologize if this conjecture has already been posed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...