Thursday 20 July 2017

trigonometry - General Sine and Cosine formula for sum of a finite number of angles

I was wondering is there is a general formula for $\sin(x_1+x_2+x_3+...+x_n)$ as well as for the cosine function. I know that $\sin(x_1+x_2)=\sin(x_1)\cos(x_2)+\cos(x_1)\sin(x_2)$ and $\cos(x_1+x_2)=\cos(x_1)\cos(x_2)-\sin(x_1)\sin(x_2)$ But I want to find a general formula for the sum of a finite number of angles for the Sine and the cosine but I didn't noticed any pattern. I suspect that it may have a recursive pattern. Any suggestions and hints (not answers) will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...