Thursday 24 August 2017

Natural and Real sets of numbers, which one is bigger than another?

From the years ago, it has always been this question in my mind which a teacher of high school talked about in a class but I never found it's correct answer.



We have set of natural numbers ${1,2,3,4,5,...}$ and set of real numbers.



We have two concepts to prove that these sets of numbers are equal or smaller than each other.



Concept 1



If we choose any number from the natural numbers, we can choose a number from real set of number, so they are equal.




Concept 2



Natural numbers are subset of the real numbers, so natural numbers set is smaller than set of real numbers.



Which concept is correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...