Thursday 10 August 2017

real analysis - Show $forallvarepsilon>0,lim_{ntoinfty}frac{#{text{positive divisors of n}}}{n^varepsilon}=0$



Show that $\forall\varepsilon>0,$



$$\lim_{n\to\infty}\frac{\#\{\text{positive divisors of n}\}}{n^\varepsilon}=0$$



I'm trying to solve this problem for a long time, but I'm really stuck I have totally no idea where to start.
I tried replacing $\varepsilon$ by $\frac{1}{k}$ where $k$ is a natural number, and show the statement is true for all $k$ by induction, but I haven't succeeded and it doesn't seem promising.




If you give me any advice or comment, I would greatly appreciate.



Thank you.


Answer



The solution for this problem falls out from the following fact.



\begin{equation}
e^{O(\frac{log(n)}{loglog(n)})}=d(n)
\end{equation}




So,



\begin{equation}
\lim_{n->\infty}\frac{d(n)}{n^\epsilon}=\frac{e^{\frac{Clog(n)}{loglog(n)}}}{n^\epsilon}
\end{equation}
For some constant C.



Therefore,
\begin{equation}

\lim_{n->\infty}\frac{e^{\frac{Clog(n)}{loglog(n)}}}{n^\epsilon}=\lim_{n->\infty}\frac{n^\frac{C}{loglog(n)}}{n^\epsilon}=\lim_{n->\infty}n^{\frac{C}{loglog(n)}-\epsilon}
\end{equation}



You can add a nice proof regarding epsilon and deltas to show from here that



\begin{equation}
\lim_{n->\infty}\frac{C}{loglog(n)}-\epsilon=-\epsilon\\and\\
\lim_{n->\infty}n^{-\epsilon}=0\\
implies\\
\lim_{n->\infty}n^{\frac{C}{loglog(n)}-\epsilon}=0

\end{equation}



This completes our proof. Many websites have the first point written and I believe you may be able to find out more about it from other posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...