Most of us who are studying mathematics are familiar with the famous $e^{ix}=cos(x)+isin(x)$. Why is it that we have $e^{ix}=cos(x)+isin(x)$ and not $e^{ix}=sin(x)+icos(x)$? I haven't studied Complex Analysis to know the answer to this question. It pops up in Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Multivariable Equations and many other fields. But I feel like textbooks and teachers just expect us students to take it as given without explaining it to a certain extent. I also couldn't find any good article that explains this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment