Say I have a power series $\sum_{k=0}^\infty a_k x^k $ which converge uniformly on $\left[0, 1\right)$ . Now I need to prove that series $\sum_{k=0}^\infty a_k $ are convergent.
My idea is to use equivalent Cauchy form $
\forall \epsilon\ \exists N \text{ such that }\sup_\left[0, 1\right) |S_n(x)-S_m(x)|<\epsilon\quad \forall m,n\ge N\
$ where $S_n = \sum_{k=0}^n a_k x^k$. Because of continuity of $P(x) = |S_n(x)-S_m(x)|$ we see that $ \sup_\left[0, 1\right) P(x) = \sup_\left[0, 1\right] P(x) $ and this way it can be proved that $\sum_{k=0}^\infty a_k $ convergent as Cauchy sequence.
Monday, 4 June 2018
Power series convergence in boundary problem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment