In the CLRS book, there's this part, where it's shown that $$\lim_{n\to\infty}\frac{(n^b)}{(a^n)} = 0.$$ In the same chapter, it uses the aforementioned equation to prove that any logarithmic function grows slower than any polynomial one, thus, $$\lim_{n\to\infty}\frac{\log b^n}{ n^a}$$. It does that by substituting lgn for n and 2^a for a in the first equation. How is it allowed to substitute the terms and prove the latter equation.
Saturday, 16 June 2018
limits - Polylogarithm grows slower than polynomial proof
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment