Sunday 21 July 2019

radicals - Prove that ${sqrt2}^{sqrt2}$ is an irrational number without using a theorem.




Prove that ${\sqrt2}^{\sqrt2}$ is an irrational number without using Gelfond-Schneider's theorem.




I'm interested in this problem because I knew that ${\sqrt2}^{\sqrt2}$ is a transcendental number by Gelfond-Schneider's theorem. I've tried to prove that ${\sqrt2}^{\sqrt2}$ is an irrational number without using the Gelfond-Schneider's theorem, but I'm facing difficulty. I need your help.



I crossposted to MO:

https://mathoverflow.net/questions/138247


Answer



I'm posting an answer just to inform that the question has received an answer by Mark Sapir on MO.



https://mathoverflow.net/questions/138247/prove-that-sqrt2-sqrt2-is-an-irrational-number-without-using-a-theorem


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...