Thursday 26 June 2014

calculus - Integrating cos and csc



$$\int{\frac{\sqrt{\cos x+1}}{\csc x}dx}$$
Sorry for the bad formatting, I still need to learn math jax. I am trying to integrate this by u-sub but am stuck. Looking at the equation I can see somewhere I will probably have to use the fact the $\csc x=1/\sin x$. My hunch is I choose $u$ to be something in the numerator, but is there an identity i'm not seeing?


Answer




Guide:



\begin{align}
\int \frac{(\cos x+1)^\frac12}{ \csc x} \, dx = \int \sin x(\cos x+1)^\frac12 \, dx
\end{align}



Try substitution $u = \cos x + 1$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...