Sunday 22 June 2014

complex numbers - Geometrical interpretation of $ Im(z^4) ge 0$



I'd like to ask you about a geometrical interpretation of the expression like $Im(z^4) \ge 0$.




What I did:



$Im [r^4(cos4α + isin4α] \ge 0$



$r^4sin4α ≥ 0$



$sin4α \ge 0$



$4\alpha = k \cdot \pi$, k is integer




$\alpha = k \cdot \frac{\pi}{4}$



But how to draw it on argand diagram?
Is there any tool online? Is it possible on Wolfram Alpha?



Is it something like this?



Geometrical interpretation


Answer



Credits to Marconius.




The plot was made with Mathematica:



ContourPlot[Im[(a + I b)^4], {b, a} \[Element] Disk[], 
PlotTheme -> "Monochrome", PlotPoints -> 50,
Contours -> #] & /@ {1, 5, 10}


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...