I wonder how to build a 1-1 correspondence between [0,1] and [0,1). My professor offers an example such that 1 in the first set corresponds to 1/2 in the second set, and 1/2 in the first set corresponds to 1/4 in the second. I don't quite understand it. Does it mean every element in the first set corresponds to its half value in the second set? wouldn't that make some elements left out in the second set? Does it still count as 1-1 correspondence? Does it connect to Schroder-Bernstein theorem?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment