Let $f=f(z)$ and $g=g(w)$ be two complex valued functions which are differentiable in the real sense, $h(z)=g(f(z))$. Prove the complex chain rule.
All partial derivatives:
$$
\frac{\partial h}{\partial z} = \frac{\partial g}{\partial w}\frac{\partial f}{\partial z} + \frac{\partial g}{\partial \bar w}\frac{\partial \bar f}{\partial z}
$$
and
$$
\frac{\partial h}{\partial \bar z} = \frac{\partial g}{\partial w}\frac{\partial f}{\partial \bar z} + \frac{\partial g}{\partial \bar w}\frac{\partial\bar f}{\partial \bar z}
$$
Are we supposed to arrive at this through Cauchy-Riemann?
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Complex chain rule for complex valued functions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
-
$$ 3x+6y+5z=7 $$ The general solution to this linear Diophantine equation is as described here (Page 7-8) is: $$ x = 5k+2l+14 $$ $$ y = -l $...
No comments:
Post a Comment