Sunday 26 April 2015

algebra precalculus - Time and Work ::



A and B can do a work in 5 days B and C can do a work in 4 Days.A start the Work and leave after 4 Days Then B joined and left after 3 days .Remaining work done by C in how many Days



I Have tried:




A and B can do a piece of work in 1 Day is 1/5



similarly B and C is 1/4



After that I am not able to proceed with this sum, Please anyone guide me for the Answer


Answer



Suppose $A,B,C$ does $1/x,1/y,1/z$ part of the in $1$ day. Then



$1/x+1/y=1/5$ and $1/y+1/z = 1/4$.




Let $C$ work for $d$ days. Then by problem $4/x+3/y+d/z=1$.



Now find the value of $d$ using the constraints.


No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...