Tuesday 28 April 2015

discrete mathematics - Need help with simple proof by mathematical induction

$$ \sum_{k=1}^n k^4 = {(6n^5+15n^4+10n^3-n) \over 30} $$



How can this be proven using mathematical induction? My teacher isn't any help, he just tells me to think about it, but I've read the textbook again and again, and there isn't much in it that would help me prove this statement.



*Sorry to ask multiple questions on the site in such a short time, but I'm just quite desperate for help and I don't have anyone to go to for it. My teacher barely speaks English, and with my poor hearing I can hardly follow the class and I need to pass this exam desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...