Saturday 14 May 2016

elementary number theory - Modular Arithmetic.......



I know that a duplicate of this question is posted here ,but i am still
posting this because the post contain only hint.I solved this using myself ,and

i want to verify it.



Question




Suppose that $a$ and $b$ are integers, $a ≡ 4 (mod 13)$, and
$b ≡ 9 (mod 13)$.
Find the integer $c$ with $0 ≤ c ≤ 12$ such that






  1. $c ≡ 9\,\,a (\text {mod} \,\,13)$



My attempt



Given



$\Rightarrow$ $a ≡ 4 (mod 13)$



we can write it using symmetric as,




$\Rightarrow$ $4 ≡ a (mod 13)$



$\Rightarrow$ $b ≡ 9 (mod 13)$.



We can write above as



$\Rightarrow$ $4*b ≡ 9a (mod 13)$.



and our question is




$c ≡ 9\,\,a (\text {mod} \,\,13)$



I am stuck here , any way to move forward?


Answer



Just compute, using $a\equiv 4\bmod 13$, that
$$
9a\equiv 9\cdot 4=36\equiv 10\bmod 13.
$$
hence we have $c=10$. We do not need to knwo $b$, by the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...