In class we learned how to test the convergence of series and how to calculate the sums of arithmetic and geometric series (if they exist) but are there methods to actually calculate the values non-arithmetic, non-geometric series? Can the value of any series be calculated or only those of a certain type? And can it still be done if they're infinite? So my question is: are there any general methods for calculating the values of certain non-arithmetic/geometric series (references would be appreciated as well) [because it seemed like a lot of effort for Euler just to calculate the sum from n=1 to infinity of $\frac1{n^2}$]. Thanks in advance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
No comments:
Post a Comment