Thursday 19 May 2016

number theory - Solve linear congruence for $x$ : $34x ≡ 51( text{mod}; 85)$


Solve the linear congruence for $x$ : $$34x ≡ 51( \text{mod}\; 85)$$




I found using the Euclidean Algorithm that the GCD is $17$. Because the GCD evenly divides $51$, there equivalence should be solvable. I made a Diophantine equation to solve: $34p - 85q = 17$



From using the Euclidean Algorithm I have:



$$85 = 2 \cdot34+17$$




$$34=2 \cdot 17+0$$



$$17=85-2 \cdot34$$



I do not know where to go from here in order to make this model the Diophantine equation in order to solve for $p$, and I'm not entirely sure what to do with the solution when I get it, because I am solving for $x$.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...