Monday 30 May 2016

trigonometry - Verify identity: $sin(x+1)sin(x+1) - sin(x+2)sin x = sin^2(1)$

I have the following identity to verify:
$$\sin(x+1)\sin(x+1) - \sin(x+2)\sin x = \sin^2(1).$$



I'm becoming more familiar with sum and difference formulas to some degree, but this one has stumped me.




I don't know if I'm doing it right, even, but I have this so far:
$$(\sin x \cos(1) + \cos x \sin(1))^2 - (\sin x \cos(2) + \cos x \sin(2))(\sin x) = \sin^2(1). $$



I don't want to just ask "how i do dis" and expect an answer. I am trying, but my brain doesn't quite understand all this yet.



Please help! I may be late to reply, I have work to get to here.



Thanks a million,



-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...