Friday 20 May 2016

paradoxes - Zeno's Place Paradox

Zeno's Paradoxes are a series of problems intended to challenge our view of reality. Some of these paradoxes (e.g. Achilles and the Tortoise) have been disproven by a better understanding of physics and the concept of infinity. Here is his "Paradox of Place":



"If everything that exists has a place, place too will have a place, and so on ad infinitum."




So my question is, is this argument rigorous, and if so, what are the implications of the fact that (as a direct consequence) every object in the universe has an infinite number of places? (e.g. I am at my "place", my place's "place", my place's place's "place", etc. as given by Zeno's argument)

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...